Small Groups at Northbrook Alliance Church exist to connect people to others in authentic relationships with the purpose of growing to be more like Christ and bringing the Kingdom of God to all areas of influence both inside and outside of the church body.
A typical small group at Northbrook consists of 6 to 14 individuals (with groups remaining open unless they are at capacity). While small groups at Northbrook vary, all small groups share these commonalities:
- Biblically-based content
- Meet a minimum of two times per month
Current Small Groups
Remembering the Forgotten God
Facilitators: John & Jane Herbes
This is a small group study that reminds us for the true source of the church’s power: the Holy Spirit. This offers an invitation to understand, embrace, and follow the Holy Spirit’s direction in our lives. Remembering the Forgotten God is designed to help us move beyond our habits of neglect and pursue a life defined by the Spirit of God.
Lord Teach Us to Pray
Facilitators: Doug & Janet Douglas
This group will be following the curriculum from the College of Prayer International. This module from the School of Prayer contains DVD lectures, worship, prayer activities and a prayer journal.
The small group will meet for 10 weeks and is year one of a three year course. This group can accommodate a maximum of 10 people at this time.
Small Groups are important because they…
- Provide a place to grow in our faith
- Provide a place to develop deep, long-life friendships
- Provide a place to share our concerns in life
- Provide a place to pray together for each other’s needs
- Provide accountability in our walk with Christ
- Provide a safe place to share our “real selves”
- Provide an opportunity to fit into a smaller experience-within a church setting-and not feel lost
If you are interested in connecting with any of the small groups listed on this page or if you would be interested in leading your own small group, please contact Pastor Bruce.